Servanthood and Servant Leadership
1) What stood out to you most this week? Why?
2) What did you discover about God? About Yourself? What is your spiritual gift(s)?
3) Name three people who serve in the church you admire. What makes these people “great”?
4) Why do you admire these people and how can this help you as you serve?
5) What examples did you identify of Jesus serving in the gospels?
How does His example impact you?
6) What are you going to do moving forward?
Read - Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came to him. “Teacher,”
they said, “we want you to do for us whatever we ask.”
36 “What do you want me to do for you?” he asked.
37 They replied, “Let one of us sit at your right and the other at your left in
38 “You don’t know what you are asking,” Jesus said. “Can you drink the cup I
drink or be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with?”
39 “We can,” they answered.
Jesus said to them, “You will drink the cup I drink and be baptized with the
baptism I am baptized with, 40 but to sit at my right or left is not for me to
grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared.”
41 When the ten heard about this, they became indignant with James and
John. 42 Jesus called them together and said, “You know that those who are
regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials
exercise authority over them. 43 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to
become great among you must be your servant, 44 and whoever wants to be
first must be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be
served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark
Read and Respond - Servant Leadership
Make sure you connect with your group this week to discuss what you discovered!